The Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies provides opportunities for students to use multimedia as they work on creating digital solutions. The subject helps students to become innovative creators of digital solutions, effective users of digital systems, and critical consumers of information conveyed by digital systems. As they learn in Digital Technologies students can use multimedia to communicate, connect and create. These projects also provide opportunities for students to collaborate ethically across local, regional and global contexts.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Identify and explore a range of digital systems with peripheral devices for different purposes, and transmit different types of data (ACTDIK007)
- Recognise different types of data and explore how the same data can be represented in different ways (ACTDIK008)
Processes and Production Skills
- Collect, access and present different types of data using simple software to create information and solve problems (ACTDIK009)
- Explain how student solutions and existing information systems meet common personal, school or community needs (ACTDIK012)
- Plan, create and communicate ideas and information independently and with others, applying agreed ethical and social protocols (ACTDIK013)