To analyse an issue, information or data to form a judgement. It can involve asking questions, identifying problems and solutions, applying knowledge, stating an argument and supporting it with evidence, or making comparisons and evaluating. In Health and Physical Education it could include:
- exploring and experimenting with different offensive and defensive strategies in games and sports to determine an agreed game plan
- investigating different forms of skill practice to determine the most effective for a given skill
- identifying a key issue linked to the ethical use of mobile technologies in school, at home and in social situations, and developing critical questions to actively seek and propose solutions
- investigating the physical, social and psychological impact of drugs such as energy drinks on young people’s health and wellbeing
- investigating and challenging stereotypes about and advocating for young people’s involvement in community actions.